America aint just a salad bowl
Melting pot? How about a salad bowl.
Some people feel we are just a bunch of people from different races and ethnicities who live together but don't mix. But is that really what America is? A salad bowl? I beg to differ. Other people beg to differ too.
According to a recent study of U.S. genetics - where researchers analyzed the DNA of more than 160,000 Americans - we are doing some real good mixing. Yes! We are SOOO MELTING into one another. And as per the study there is so much mixed ancestry in America: Most of us have mixed race background that we are not aware of.
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
"The study found that, as expected, people tended to identify with the race that made up the majority of their background. However, for many, this self-identification was not completely accurate. According to the press release, the team estimated that as many as six million Americans who identify as white from a European background carry African ancestry and as many as five million self-described European white Americans have Native American ancestry."
So next time you meet someone, he or she could be 1/32 your 'own'. How about that?
New year... New mentality...
- Are Interracial Couples Deliberately Ommitted Onscreen?
- Thug Who Hurled a Tirade of Racial Insults at Mixed Race Man Jailed
- Film 'Get Out' Portrays How Racism Feels to a Black Man and Complexities of Racial Identity
- WATCH: Outrageous! Interracial Couple Fined for Vandalism against Them
- Disney Won't Let Malaysia Cut Gay Scene from Beauty and the Beast
Responses to "America aint just a salad bowl"
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.