University Fires Woman for Being in an Interracial Relationship?
A woman who used to work for Houston Baptist University sued the university claiming she was fired because she is in an interracial relationship.
Danya Wilde (white) filed the lawsuit on September 6. According to the federal court records, the suit shows that Wilde attended several school functions with her African American boyfriend only to be criticized and ostracized by his former colleagues. Wilde added that their son - who attended HBU for free as part of the mother's employee benefits - became a target of belittling remarks.
As per the lawsuit, HBU "has exhibited a bias against African-Americans". Apparently, both president and the provost made racially insensitive comments.
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
HBU refuted the claims saying Wilde was fired because she seemed not dedicated to her staff. But as per the suit, “Direct and circumstantial evidence demonstrates that Ms. Wilde was terminated based on her association with her bi-racial son, and her boyfriend, who is African-American.”
The termination made Wilde withdraw her son from HBU and is seeking a jury trial and monetary damage.
- VIRAL: Boy Surprises Mom by Asking for Same Haircut as Friend to Trick Teacher
- "I'll always love him" - Bella Hadid Finally Opens Up about The Weekend Break-Up
- Does Reverse Racism Really Exist?
- Is the Grammy's Album of Year Award Only Given to White Artists?
- WATCH: Ed Sheeran's Interracial Love Story in His Latest Video 'Shape of You'
2 responses to "University Fires Woman for Being in an Interracial Relationship?"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.