Vintage interracial love: Barmaid married to Detroit's rich man
Theirs was Detroit's most discussed interracial marriage. The pretty African-American barmaid Alberta Sheffield made headlines in the early 1950s because of her marriage to one of the wealthiest Detroit's White men, Michigan automotive industry millionaire Ernest O. Briggs.
Before meeting Alberta, Ernest was thought to be a playboy who blew money on pretty women.
News about their wedding broke a week before their honeymoon and photographers hounded them, taking several pictures of their honeymoon. Their union is truly fascinating...
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
- AMAZING: Doctor Saves Life of a Fellow Doctor by Donating His Kidney
- Advice to Make Your Partner Feel Safe at Home
- "I'll always love him" - Bella Hadid Finally Opens Up about The Weekend Break-Up
- Disney Won't Let Malaysia Cut Gay Scene from Beauty and the Beast
- Viral Video's Professor Kelly Explains his Kids Crashing BBC Interview
Are Interracial Couples Deliberately Ommitted Onscreen?
"The Wedding Plans are Off" - Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Split AGAIN
"I Don't Think There's a Problem With Race" - Grammys Boss Speaks Out!
Advice to Make Your Partner Feel Safe at Home
How to Take Advantage of Your Interracial Relationship Perks
Responses to "Vintage interracial love: Barmaid married to Detroit's rich man"
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.